Loving Dad

Started this blog to vent my pent up feeling which still sobs in solitary confinement remembering my dearest daddy.Mr.Walter Robert Jeyapaul, who had great dreams for me. Washing his grave with my tears,I try to adorn it with royal achievements.Catch a glimpse of "My Eyes are Glistening"

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Its my loving Dad's 10th Memorial Day

My fastest drives/rides could never catch up with time that flies so fast. Its 10 years but TIME has failed big time trying to erase my Dad's memories from our minds.

Dad bought me a helmet in 1997 knowing that my teen wrist could only mind speed than safety. In those days wearing a helmet,that too riding a Bajaj Scooter, was considered ridiculous....but not until people saw me eclipse every other vehicle on road with that vehicle.

But I've always been on safe 40kmph as I ferried my Dad from point A to Point B. Dad was well connected with IAS and Police officers and that explained how we spent our evenings at the CPO (City Police Office) reading Malai Murasu Newspaper.

Once there was a Police Awards ceremony at Anna Stadium in Trichy and the then CM M.K.Karunanidhi was presiding over the function. Dad was also given an Entry Pass to watch the proceedings from the VIP Box. I was riding our scooter and the road was surprisingly empty sans traffic. Suddenly we heard a voice in the mic ANDHA SCOOTERA ORAMAA POGA SOLLUNGA...ask that scooter to get off tge road. We saw a group of Police personnel running toward us and Dad asked me to slow down. The SI saluted my Dad and said Walter sir neengalaa.... Konjam oramaa ponga CM convoy varudhu... Walter sir, is it you, please pull aside as the CM's convoy is coming in.

That day my respect and admiration for Dad compounded and catapulted cos there was no reason for a cop to salute my Dad who was an outsider.

I do connect with top officials but never managed to do at such personal levels that my dearest Dad carried it despite being loaded with communication devices that range from landline to laptops.

A decade gone but the memories of my Dad can only grow stronger from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home