Loving Dad

Started this blog to vent my pent up feeling which still sobs in solitary confinement remembering my dearest daddy.Mr.Walter Robert Jeyapaul, who had great dreams for me. Washing his grave with my tears,I try to adorn it with royal achievements.Catch a glimpse of "My Eyes are Glistening"

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dearest Daddy

In 1990, when the FIFA World cup was happening, my Dad and I seldom allowed the neighborhood to sleep in peace as our celebrations rent the street after every goal. He and I were Deigo Maradona's fans and oh boy how he loved the greatest game of this world and Argentina above that. After hitting the bed late night, I used to wake up very late and my dad used to ride the cycle hard to help me catch the School Bus at 8:10am. What a wonderful friend my Dad had been to me. Miss you so much my Dearest Daddy 

This morning I was in the Church and the familiar handshake from my Mom, Wife and my cute little Kids reminded me that it was yet another Father's day.

Years beyond the happening, tears that covered it all couldn't just shake off the fact that there was my Daddy who had meant the most to me.

A couple of days ago I was in Bishop Heber College, the place where I played, had fun and yet had won almost all the coveted prizes that one could get for Academics and Extra curriculars. I remembered how I got in there and it was my dad. I remembered how I had last celebrated there. It was on my Dad's shoulders as he embraced me and kissed me in front of those onlookers who congratulated me for getting the BEST OUTGOING STUDENT OF THE YEAR AWARD for the year 2003.

I miss him. I wanted to say sorry for not accomplishing what I had promised him on his grave. I hope he would forgive me for not becoming an IAS Officer despite getting the First Prize in the IAS Aspirant's exam. I hope he would forgive me for not yet buying the Chevrolet Optra or his Favorite Black Bullet though I had changed 11 vehicles in the interim. This Father's Day is a recollection of WHAT I COULDN'T DO TO ACCOMPLISH MY DAD's DREAM. But I know that he would be happy that I had accomplished his dream of being the best child that would love his Dad forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home