Loving Dad

Started this blog to vent my pent up feeling which still sobs in solitary confinement remembering my dearest daddy.Mr.Walter Robert Jeyapaul, who had great dreams for me. Washing his grave with my tears,I try to adorn it with royal achievements.Catch a glimpse of "My Eyes are Glistening"

Monday, March 05, 2007

Dad was an epitome of Neatness.He raised me in cleanliness.

He wanted things to be neat and tidy, things falling in their right locations and never was satisfied with an unkempt look.

Remember how dad used to bathe me daily and got me ready to school (Dad had to do it till my 4th standard coz I preferred dad's handling more than my mom's) As a child he wanted me to smell PEARS (which was a costly soap then and was available only in select shops in the city) and bathed me in it.He used to carry me to the small wall-like partition, made me stand on it and then wiped me dry. I used to wait for him to blow away the residual water from my belly button and for the cleaning of the ears with the pointed edge of the towel and then the feather of a hen........................Dad, I miss it all so much. It seems like Dad took care of me as if I were a costly piece of art bought amid tense bidding at an auctioning firm like Christie's or the Sotheby's.

He washed my uniform clothes and seldom allowed mom to do that coz she was a wheezing patient! Oh what a love chemist my dad was!!!!!!!!!!!!

His military type creasing of my clothes always made me look like I was wearing uniforms straight from the apparel showroom.He shined my shoes until his hands ached out of the brushing (CHERRY Blossom was the Shoe Polish that he preferred above the others) and until it could reflect the light in BLACK Shine.

When I entered college I used to stop my dad just near the gate (of our house), would carry the polish and the brush and shine it until he said "STOP Jean".I'm late already.I liked my dad being the best.He looked smart in his Safaris and always wore his smile beneath the BIG MOUSTACHE that was combed carefully time and again (mom trimmed it down during his later years saying that he looked older than he really was)

Daddy, today I was remembering you in the bathroom and how I wished that time was frozen like a statue and that there would have been no end to your little acts of love.......................it rose tier above tier, story upon story and WE NEVER REALLY KNEW THAT YOU WERE CLIMBING ON IT DAILY UNTIL YOU REACHED GOD and Heaven.

I have searched daddy................there is no elevator...........no not even in that TAIPEI 101 or that PETRONAS TOWER or that SEARS TOWER or that EMPIRE STATE BUILDING.............that can take me to the place where you are now.

Daddy,if there is an INTERNET connection, could you please access this blog in heaven.......................can you reply me atleast through a mail? LOVE U SO MUCH DAD!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 06, 2007 12:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read all your articles, till now.
Can only imagine,how much your dad loved you and how much you adore him for that!

He doesnt need any Internet...and you dont need any elevator....



he is just there...in you ....in your heart...



Hope you make all his dreams come true.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home