Loving Dad

Started this blog to vent my pent up feeling which still sobs in solitary confinement remembering my dearest daddy.Mr.Walter Robert Jeyapaul, who had great dreams for me. Washing his grave with my tears,I try to adorn it with royal achievements.Catch a glimpse of "My Eyes are Glistening"

Thursday, July 26, 2007

DADDY,I WANT YOU BACK AGAIN

Ever since I was an infant I was an ardent fan of my dearest daddy. How can I describe a man with steel like qualities;a man whom you saw as a live example for the description AS TOUGH AS NAILS?

He had met failures everywhere-nay not in studies;He was a celebrity in his academics, donning dual PG degrees and topping his departmental tests. His hopes always came crashing around him.But like a little child that tries incessantly to build a sky-scraper out of the freshly washed sand in the seashore,he tried over and over!

He had bundles of energy-LOVE Energy-Energy that could neither be created nor destroyed;IT COULD ONLY BE CONVERTED FROM DISCIPLINE TO CARE AND CONCERN AND AFFECTION AND A YEARNING FOR EVERYONE's WELL-BEING AND THOSE KISSES COUPLED WITH WORDS OF BLESSINGS

That Ironwala at the corner of the street, the vegetable vendor, that old-woman who cast an all-time shadow of my dad's figure for food and money, that Police Official, that little boy in the neighborhood who knew for sure that he would get his day's due in the form of chocolates, that Doctor, rather the list of Doctors who treated him, the mechanics at the Maruthi showroom, the people in the church, the barber,the Bus company owner-all of them had a drop of tear to wash away the final movements of my dad's mortal body on this earth!

I still tearfully recall the occassion-I sobbed till my voice split into hoarse shrill cries-ENAKKU ENNODA DADDY VENUM-I want my DADDY (in tamil), hugging his body that was laid to rest in the casket. His ever generous arms were tied together and he was looking as smart as ever in his chocolate color Safari!I kissed him and took off his spectacles that always rested on the bumps of his smiling chin!

Its a year and a half now-I tried in vain seeking a parallel love in someone-AND I FOUND THAT HE WAS THE GREATEST OF ALL! AN UNCROWNED CHAMPION WHO CELEBRATED CONSTANT SUCCESS IN LAVISHING LIBERAL DOSES OF LOVE ON EVERYONE-more so on his sweet son and darling daughter and on his wonderful wife!
Daddy, I want your kiss again on my cheeks and on my forehead, as you usually do.I have not heard your words of blessing for one and a half year.I haven't taped your voice and movements and badly miss your voice set in great songs!


My eyes are veiled by the fountain of tears that refuse me sight of the monitor ahead of me…………………….OH LET ME SEE, LET ME SEE……………….MY DEAREST DADDY, I SHOULD SEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home